Saturday, April 5, 2014

What Cleared My Face


Hello everyone! 
Today's post will revolve around how I got my face cleared up and the products I used that helped.
One of the many downfalls that comes with puberty are the hormones…and the acne. Has anyone or is anyone experiencing acne? You may not believe it, but I used to have TERRIBLE acne during my early years of high school. Pimples everywhere. Whiteheads. You name it. 

I also used to have the tendency to pick at them. That's a big no no. I remember trying so many drugstore products that "claimed" to clear up the skin. Maybe I wasn't using them properly or they were misleading, but none of them seemed to work. 

Eventually, I ended up purchasing the Clinique 3 Step Acne System. When I first used it, I used it for about 3 days day and night, and then ended up using it whenever I remembered. It sat on my counter for who knows how long. 

Meanwhile, my acne began getting worse. A few months later, I began to use the 3 step system again. Only this time, I actually stuck to using it daily, day and night. 

At first, I saw no noticeable difference, but within a few weeks, my acne was slowly, but surely going away. Unbelievable.

For the next few months, I used the 3 step system religiously and saw my skin get clearer and clearer before my eyes. 

To this day, I STILL use the 3 step system that helped contribute to my clear skin. 

Now, you may be asking, what is the Clinique 3 Step Acne System?
Clinique specializes in skincare and makeup, and developed a system directed towards acne. There are three products within the system: cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Each product has a specific purpose. 

Clinique's website describes the cleanser as helping to remove dirt and excess oil as well as unclog pores, it's toner as a medicated formula that exfoliates and reduces oil that can lead to breakouts and also unclog pores and controls excess shine. For the last step, the moustrizer is a lightweight, medicated that helps treat existing acne and prevent future breakouts that creates a barrier against acne causing agents. It not also helps control excess oil, but also calms, soothes and visibly reduces redness while lightly hydrating to minimize dryness and peeling. 

This 3 step system can easily be found online and in stores such as Dillards, Macy's, Sephora, Clinique counters and their websites, respectfully. 

There are two systems that can be purchased, the full size kit which retails for $54.50 and the intro kit, which retails for $36. 

While it is pricey, if used effectively and consistently, the results afterwards will surely pay off. Since the price is a bit steep, considering many drugstores offer cheaper alternatives, one can purchase the intro kit to try it out. Most stores allow returns if not satisfied with the purchase. 

Personally, I've bought both kits, and if used day and night as directed, the full size will last for about about a month and a half to two months, while the intro about close to a month or so. 

As with everything else, this product may not work for everyone. I only speak from my personal experience. 

Unfortunately, as I was going through my acne phase, I failed to take photos of my face. Yes, I took some, but always edited them to conceal the imperfections. 

Hope this was helpful to everyone and if you have any questions, please feel free to comment.

xoxoxo
nayelley

No comments:

Post a Comment