Friday, April 4, 2014

Prom Eye Makeup: 2014







Hello girlies!

You know what day it is? It's Friday! And no, you shouldn't be excited because it's the weekend, but because I get to upload a new blog post :)

Earlier this week I posted my blog post schedule.. I will be uploading a new post every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. This will hopefully help my blog be consistent with posts and once I know I can do it, I will (hopefully) add more days. 

Now, let's move on to the real reason why you're here!

Spring is finally here and that means that prom season is too. For this tutorial, I created a fairly simple, DRAMATIC eye look that I hope you girlies out there can recreate. Though I only used a few products, the key to the makeup is BLENDING. Be sure to blend, blend, blend! Harsh lines = big no no. 

I am aware that the lighting is bad (I'm working on it, I promise!) but please bear with me. This eye look is VERY dramatic in person. Somehow the photos don't show the eye makeup justice. LOTS of black eyeshadow was used. Everything in this eye look is matte, with the exception of the lid color. 

And remember, if you don't own any of the products used, don't worry. Find similar products already in your collection. 

PRODUCTS (in the order they were used): 
Urban Decay Eye Primer in Original 
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barley Branded
MAC Quarry
MAC Phloof!
Tarte Martha's Vineyard
NYX black eye pencil in Jet Black
L'Oreal Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black

STEPS:
  1. As always, be sure to properly prime the eye, including the lower lash line. (TIP: If you don't own any eye primer, use your foundation. It may not work as well, but it will ensure longer longevity).
  2. Apply Barley Branded on the eyelid. This will help act as a base for the color going on top and also make the color more vibrant. Blend well. (TIP: You can also use a white base or white pencil such as NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk. You still need a primer, or else it WILL crease!)
  3. Using a fluffy brush, place Quarry on the crease and go slightly higher. Blend well. 
  4. With a flat shader brush, apply Phloof! about halfway to the middle of the eyelid. (TIP: Urban Decay's SIN is very similar to this)
  5. Grab a black eyeliner and begin to place it on the outer corner and slightly on the crease area. It is okay if it is messy. Blend the black with a pencil brush or blending brush. Blend upwards. 
  6. Once the eyeliner has been blended, use a flat shader brush and place a MATTE black eyeshadow on top of the eyeliner and blend with a blending brush. Go back in with Quarry to help blend the color as needed. BLEND WELL!
  7. Thinly line the upper lash line and create a small flick at the end, making a wing. 
  8. Line the waterline and tight line with the black eyeliner.
  9. Using the black eyeshadow and a small, eyeliner brush, line the bottom lash line. 
  10. Apply Phloof! in the inner corner to brighten up the eyes and on the brow bone. Blend the brow bone color with the black to avoid any harsh lines.
  11. Finish the look by applying false lashes and running mascara through the top and bottom eyelashes. 
  12. You're done!


P.S. I'm also working on posting better views of the pictorials. I am still fairly new to it, but promise to have better pictures!


xoxoxo Nayelley

No comments:

Post a Comment