Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Quinn Perkins Scandal Makeup

Hey everyone!
I am SUPER excited to post today's tutorial because it's a makeup look used on the set of Scandal! 

If you have not yet watched this show, I HIGHLY recommend doing so; it's from the same creator or Grey's Anatomy (which I LOVE as well), so you know it'll be addicting! 

Quinn Perkins, played by Katie Lowes, sported this look on season 3, episode 4 "Say Hello To My Little Friend". I provided some photos, that I wish were better quality, from one of the scenes. 

Now, you may be wondering, how did I know what makeup Quinn was wearing? Well, it's simple. Some of the crew from the Scandal makeup department run a Twitter account filled with tips and makeup used on set. So cool, right? A while back they happened to upload a face chart and I simply tried to recreate it as best as I could. Of course, I look NOTHING like Quinn (Katie), but I attempted to try it anyways. 

This makeup is PERFECT for those on the run. Characters on Scandal are ALWAYS busy and have no time to be doing their makeup, so they have subtle, yet nice, everyday makeup. 

Now, I don't own any of the products used (some of them run up to $100!), so I improvised using my own makeup. Since I keep my entire makeup collection at home and only take the essentials with me to college, I was a bit limited, but I managed. This proves that you don't need the EXACT product to recreate the makeup look!

Be sure to follow the Scandal makeup department's Twitter account for tips! 

NOTE: All photos are mine, with the exception of the face chart, which I used from the Scandal departments Twitter account.
                                                                                 Photos from the episode

                                          
                                              
                                                                      Face Chart





PRODUCTS USED ON SET (I tried to read it as best as possible)
FACE
Foundation: Cle de Peau 040 Base
Concealer: Kanebo 
Powder: Giorgio Armani Powder (doesn't specify)
Cheek Color: La Prairie "Peach Glow"
EYES (all eyeshadows mentioned are in the Lorac Pro Palette)
Lid: Lorac Pro Palette in "Lt. Bronze" with "Gold" on top.
Liner: Smudge "Espresso" over black line, close to lash
Lashes: 3 lashes on each side
LIPS
Lip Color: Tarte Buff only 


PRODUCTS USED ON MYSELF:
FACE
Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
Concealer: NYX Concealer in a Jar
Cheek Color: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in "Captivating"
EYES
Lid: Tarte Aqualilies "Barefoot" with Urban Decay Naked palette in "Half Baked"
Liner: NYX black eyeliner in Jet Black, smudge Tarte Aqualilies "Hammock" close to lash line
Lashes: Clinique Extreme Volume Mascara 
LIPS:
Lip Color: NYX Natural lip liner



STEPS FOR EYES:
  1. As always, prime the eye using an eyeshadow primer and place Urban Decay Cream Eyeshadow in "Whipped" (DISCONTINUED) on top.
  2. With a flat shader brush, apply Tarte's Barefoot.
  3. Place Urban Decay's Half Baked on top and blend both colors together. (The face chart didn't mention a crease color)
  4. Line the top lash line as close as possible and smudge Tarte's Hammock along with it.
  5. Line the waterline and apply mascara on top and bottom lashes. (I didn't have single eyelashes, so I skipped the falsies)
  6. Line the lips with a lip liner.

STEPS FOR FACE:
  1. Prime the face with primer of choice. I used Maybelline's Baby Skin.
  2. Conceal any imperfections and eye area with a concealer. I used NYX Concealer in a Jar.
  3. Apply Naked foundation onto skin and blend, blend, blend!
  4. Place Tarte's "Captivating" onto apples of cheeks. Blend.



And you're done!
I tried to follow the face chart as accurately as possible, which is why my eyebrows are lightly filled in. Quinn's makeup is very subtle, so not too much makeup is used on her.

Hope you enjoyed this post and sorry for the quality of the photos. I am trying out different lighting, but I should be getting it right within the next few weeks!



xoxoxoxo
nayelley

No comments:

Post a Comment