Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 Beauty Favorites

Happy New Year!

I apologize for the long break I took--I did not intend for it to be as long as it was. No more promises, but I will attempt to post as often as I can.

2014 came and went, and so did the products that I used. Some of them were flops, while other's earned HG (holy grail) status. Here are some of my top 5 beauty products for 2014.

1. Too Faced Chocolate Bar
When I first purchased the palette, it was being hyped all over YouTube, so I had decided to see what all the fuss was about. To be honest, I didn't have high expectations, but boy was I wrong. This palette replaced my HG Naked (Original) palette, and that is saying something! I love the variety of colors, and how they can be intertwined to make different looks. Pigmentation is AMAZING and all colors seem to compliment one another and the palette smelling like chocolate was definitely a plus! Not only did this become a favorite, but also a HG.

2. Beauty Blender
This product is something I thought I never needed. YouTuber's would rave about it and how they claimed it worked better than a sponge. Before purchasing, I had been using Urban Decay's Optical Blurring Brush, which blended out the foundation nicely (unfortunately, that brush is no longer a favorite for reasons that will be explained in a different post). I saw no point in wasting $20 on a SPONGE that would probably not work. Once again, I was proven wrong. Since purchasing the Beauty Blender, I rarely reach for any brushes because I believe they don't blend the foundation as beautifully as this. It is a MUST HAVE in my beauty bag. Only downside is that since it is a sponge, it has to be washed after every use and be replaced every 3 months. Reason it is a downside is because I am a college student, and I barely have enough time in the mornings as it is, so it makes it hard for me to wash my sponge everyday. I usually wash it every week.




3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
I can not stress enough how amazing this foundation is. It's lightweight and looks so flawless in person AND in photos. Sometimes I get caught up in the hype and try out other foundations, but I always come back to this. Review coming soon. 



4. Urban Decay Eye Brushes (Naked 1 and Naked 3)
If you haven't noticed by now, Urban Decay is one of my favorite makeup brands. It was the first "high end" makeup brand that I had purchased when I was 15 and I continue to support them! I have two brushes that received when I purchased the Naked and Naked 3 palette. They are by far my FAVORITE and I favor them instead of my other eye brushes. HIGHLY recommend!

5. SoHo Pro Crease Brush
Can I just say how much I LOVE this brush? It applies just the right amount of eyeshadow onto the crease and it blends out nicely. I use it to apply the transition color, as well as a darker colors for a smokey effect. Purchased it for $3 at Walgreens, best brush deal!

Thanks for reading my post, I know it was a small list, but these were some of the products that I tended to use the most in 2014 and that I will continue to use as well.

-Nayelley



No comments:

Post a Comment