Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF15 Review

Hey everyone!
For today's post, I will doing a review on Clinique's Even Better Makeup SPF15. 

This product can be purchased at any department store, Clinique counter, Sephora and online retailers. It offers 30 different shade selections, ranging from very fair to deep and contains 1 fluid ounce. Even Better is aimed towards skin types 2 and 3, which are dry combination and combination oily, respectfully. 

Clinique's website describes this foundation as 'oil free' and claims a person will 'see improved clarity, a more even skin tone, and visibly diminished age spots within 4 to 6 weeks'. 

I just began using this foundation a few days ago, so I can not back up the claim that it will improve my skin. However, I will mainly concentrate on the foundation itself and its overall longevity and coverage. 

What I like about this foundation is that the bottle is fairly small and travel friendly. This is a liquid foundation and contains no pump. Instead, one has to squirt out the product. 

When I applied the foundation in the morning, I felt like it did cover up some of my imperfections. I could still see some of my acne scarring, which immediately led me to know that it's light to medium coverage. It's quite buildable and easy to blend. BUT I did notice that my face felt sticky. I thought the foundation needed to set for a bit, but throughout the day, it remained the same, only diminished a little. 

I do like that it has SPF15. I never wear sunscreen on my face, and I feel this is a convenient way to sneak it in. But, the downside to foundations containing SPF is that they're not camera/photo friendly due to the white cast it shows. Other than that, this foundation would be perfect for everyday wear. 

After wearing this foundation for about a week, I like it. It doesn't feel cakey after layering. 

Overall, it's a good foundation. I find that many people from various skin types can find a shade that closely matches theirs. You could also request a sample at many stores to try it out and see how it works. 

Of course, foundations will vary on each skin. What works for one person, may not work for the next.

xoxoxo,
Nayelley



No comments:

Post a Comment